• Paul Turner

April Meeting Minutes

NEW ROSS CONSERVATION CLUB

April 18, 2019

The New Ross Conservation Club met on April 18, 2019

at the Clubhouse

Members present were Paul Turner, George Gooding, Toad and Martha Janssen, Bob Dillan.

The secretary’s report was read and approved. The treasurer’s report was read and approved.

OLD BUSINESS:


Dueling Tree – We had a total of 4 shooters at our first shoot and the club made $100 off the event. Paul dropped the price of the events to $20 for members and $30 for non-members


Pix on the fly came out and took a bunch of pictures and videos. He expressed interest in coming back for different events thru the summer. We collected a donation for him while he was here


The meeting minutes and upcoming agendas have been added to the website. We voted to also add the Treasures report to the website and that motion passed.


Martha called the Jamestown boy scouts troop leaders about using the club this summer. They came out to the bean supper and looked at the property. They seem very interested in using the club this summer. George also talked to Ken Addler, Crawfordsville boy scout master, and he also seemed interested in using the club.


Bean Supper – we had an awesome turnout to the bean supper this year. We made a total of 6lb of beans and didn’t have any leftovers! In total, we had $1385 of income, $827.56 of expenses, and $1045 in memberships


Insurance invoice was $2438.17 for the property and $355 for the Camper; total of $2793.17, down from over $3000 last year. Martha paid the insurance from both checking and savings. Nick Grimes will try to be at the June meeting to go over our policy to make sure it fits our needs. Nick also told Martha that he didn’t think that a fishing peer would increase our insurance by much if any at all.


Cleanup day went very well! The garage and basement are empty, we’ve moved a lot of the maintenance supplies to the basement and most of the tools have been moved to the garage.


New Business:

Paul motioned to stop selling raffle tickets at the spring and fall bean supper because we have lost money on this year after year. Toad seconded the motion, the vote was unanimous.


We voted to close the club on May 3rd, 4th, and 5th so the girl scouts can use the grounds and camp for the weekend. Paul will make a list of work projects that they can pick from.


Paul is going to make a list of projects for Orlando to complete while he’s doing his community service.


We discussed when to stock the ponds this year and Toad will do so at his discretion.


The cornhole/horseshoe tournament date will be determined soon, we decided that it probably shouldn't be the same day as the golf scramble this year due to the amount of work required for both events


Kids camp will be on July 13th this year, one day only from 10AM to 4PM. We need approximately 6 volunteers for the different stations. Toad will handle fishing, Paul volunteered for anything that is needed. The cost this year will be $20 per child this year.


We discussed Steven Bixler’s community service request. Paul made the motion to deny his request based on his history with the club. George seconded the motion; the vote was unanimous to deny his request for community service.


Paul proposed another work/cleanup day on June 29th


Meeting was adjourned.


Paul Turner Secretary



22 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

NAME MONTH TO DATE JULY 2019 BEGINNING BALANCE $1,385.61 Camping Club Rental Bob's Electric $185.00 Fund Raiser Income: In

NAME MONTH TO DATE JUNE 2019 BEGINNING BALANCE $952.89 Camping Club Rental Bob's Electric Fund Raiser Income: Income Paint Party Golf Scramble Spring Bean Sup