Dueling Tree Pistol Shoots
Updated: Apr 9, 2019
Rules for Dueling Tree Competitions
· Every Participant and Volunteer must sign the safety waiver
· The cost per event is $20 for members or $30 for non-members, to be paid at sign in. This will be put into a pot, and split 50/50. Half of the money collected will go to the winner, the other half to the club.
· Participants must sign in 30 minutes before the event for scheduling of the matches
· Double elimination competition, must lose twice to be eliminated from the competition
· Handgun calibers only, no necked or rife cartridges allowed
· Open Sights only, no red dot sights, or scopes allowed.
· No alibi competition! If your weapon malfunctions, you can safely clear your weapon and continue shooting or concede from that round
· Contestants may have 8 rounds in the handgun with one spare reload of 8 rounds at the ready, 16 total rounds of ammunition
· Contestants begin competition at low ready, hands on their firearm on the table in front of them
· Match is concluded when one side of the tree is cleared, or both contestants are out of ammo. The match will be called by the range officer present
· Eye and ear protection are required by everyone on the shooting range at all times
· Target will be placed 35 feet in front of the Firing line