• Paul Turner

January Meeting Minutes

NEW ROSS CONSERVATION CLUB

January 17, 2019

The New Ross Conservation Club met on January 17, 2019

at the New Ross Community Center

Members present were Mike Vance, David Vance, Paul Turner, George Gooding, Toad and Martha Janssen.

The secretary’s report was read and corrected. The treasurer’s report was read and approved.


 

OLD BUSINESS:

Toad is going to close the clubhouse for the season-Dave wants to learn how to do it.

Bob got the floor painted, he is also going into the hospital for 5 to 7 days after Christmas

Marry Morrison works on Thursday nights now, and won’t be able to attend meetings

Mike and Paul are working on the website, Paul showed a demo of what has been completed. Martha is getting a debit card for the club’s checking account to pay for the website. The new website will be www.newrosscc.org and will cost $144 per year ($132 for WIX hosting, $12 google domains). We decided at the meeting to go ahead with the new site, and have the old site deleted. We’ll evaluate website traffic in November 2019 and re-vote.

Paul presented plans for a dueling tree for the shooting range and Dave offered to help with the build. Paul has most of the materials already, club only needs to buy the hardened steel target plates.

A member asked about ice skating on the ponds, we agreed that the bylaws say no ice skating


 

NEW BUSINESS:

We talked about whether or not to pay off the garage roof loan or refinance it, we need to repair or replace the clubhouse roof this year so we decided to pay down or pay off the existing loan.

Paul will call Ryan Pace, Pace Performance Coatings, for an estimate to coat the clubhouse roof.

Martha got 2 debit cards, Paul took one card to pay for the website and he will return it once its paid for.

Toad closed the clubhouse for the winter, also said the floor looked good.

Paul and Dave tried to make the Dueling Tree, however, a snowstorm put a stop to it.

Bob tore down the old swing set.

We also finalized the 2019 calendar. Mike said he would combine the WTCO and NRCC calendar and email to everyone.

We talked about when to stock the pond this spring, Toad will call in March or April to see what’s available.


 

February meeting date: 2-21-19

Meeting was adjourned.

Paul Turner Secretary


13 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All