• Paul Turner

March Meeting Minutes

NEW ROSS CONSERVATION CLUB

March 21, 2019

The New Ross Conservation Club met on March 21, 2019

at the Clubhouse

Members present were Mike Vance, David Vance, Paul Turner, George Gooding, Toad and Martha Janssen, Bob Dillan.


The secretary’s report was read and approved. The treasurer’s report was read and approved.


OLD BUSINESS:


Martha paid all but $1000 on the loan for the garage roof, the remainder was refinanced.


Paul called Ryan Pace for a quote on the clubhouse roof, and they are waiting on a break in the weather to look at the roof.


Mike will download and email the calendar from Gmail account for 2019.


Paint Party: Martha is going to email the painting that we will be painting for Paul to put on the website and in the RSVP email. We are collecting items from people around town to use as silent auction items, door prizes for the party, Paul said he could help setup. Paul will also give Sarah Wedey the RSVP info that will be pulled form the website a few days before the event.


We talked about the Dueling Tree and the competitions that involve it. Paul took notes on the proposed rules and changes to the tentative rules and will bring the updated sheet to the March meeting. Everyone agreed that an event safety waiver was first and foremost, Paul will investigate that waiver.


We decided to wait for Toad to talk about the fishing events this year and when to stock the pond.

Pix on the Fly aerial photography is coming out on April 6th to take videos of the events taking place that day. He only charges for fuel to come out, Paul suggested taking a collection the day of the event.


We discussed adding the meeting minutes and upcoming agenda to the website and Paul will do that.


New Business:


We had 21 Painters at the paint party and raised a total of $551; $180 from silent auction, $30 from the 50/50, and the rest from painters. Sarah normally charges $25 per painter but dropped her rate to $20 for the fundraiser. We will try to have another this summer!


Dueling tree rules were approved, we will see how many show up to shoot and decide if we want to purchase a shot glass for the first looser ($26) for every event.


Talked about the proposed fishing tournaments and came up with a preliminary cost of $5 per fisher or $10 per family. Prizes could be a Mystery Tackle Box ($27). We will talk more about this closer to the tournaments


Martha will contact the Jamestown Boy Scouts troop to see if they are interested in coming out to the club and using it for various activities this summer.


Bean Supper – Bob, Paul, Mary, and Sandy will cook. Bob also gave Martha a grocery list and Paul offered Martha his Kroger card to use his wife’s employee discount. Paul talked to the Ladoga Grocery about a meat package to raffle off ($100) and everyone agreed to go with that, Mike will donate the meat for the turkey shoot.


Dave Vance brought up the idea of building a fishing peer in one of the ponds, Martha is going to call the insurance company to see how much that will raise our insurance. Dave is going to price materials for an 8’x8’ and a 10’x10’ floating dock. Dave said Home Depot might donate some of the materials for the build. Once we have all the info we need and have allocated the money, Mike will call Darryl Baker and ask permission to build.


Cleanup Day – March 30th, we’re starting at 9 AM. Martha had someone contact her about helping the club for community service, she is going to let him know our start time that day.

Tomahawk Hills is closed this year for renovations, Paul called Crawfordsville Municipal Golf course and they are happy to have us on August 17th. Toad suggested Pittsboro Golf Club and Paul will call them tomorrow for pricing.


Paul will fix the drive belt on the mower next weekend after we clean the property.


Ryan Pace looked at the clubhouse roof and said he can’t coat over the aluminized coating that’s already on it. He recommended that we add more screws to it and re-coat with the same aluminized coating.


Everyone present at the meeting helped stuff the spring newsletter envelopes for Martha to mail.


Meeting was adjourned.


Paul Turner Secretary



17 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All